Buying Christmas ideas for someone special in your life can feel daunting. It seems like there is a lot of pressure to buy the perfect gift. In the early days of a relationship, buying presents can be even more difficult, as you strive to show her how well you know her and what a wonderful catch you are!
Well, stop right there. Gifts do not equal love and nor does the amount you spend have any correlation to how much you love her. Women do not dream of expensive, lavish shows of affection. For the majority of women, a heartfelt expression of love in a card will mean much more than any flash present.
As long as you follow a few hard and fast rules when buying your lady a christmas gift ideas you cannot go far wrong.
1) Do not underestimate the importance of the card. Don't worry if words are not your strong point just tell her how you feel. You don't need poems or flowery language. Simple will do.
2) Do not buy her anything practical or something that she needs. If she needs it she will get it for herself but she is much less likely to buy herself something that she wants.
3) Ask yourself will it make her feel good? If the answer is yes, then you are more than likely on the right track.
4) Make sure it is something she wants and not something you want. It sounds obvious but men have a tendency to buy women gifts that they have a secret hankering for. Do not buy her the latest iPod because you want to spend all Christmas morning playing with it and 'borrowing it' for the gym.
5) If possible try to get a woman's opinion but make sure it is a woman you trust wholeheartedly and ideally who is a similar age to your partner. What I mean by this is, don't ask that friend who you know has always had a secret crush on you. Make sure it is genuine, unbiased advice.
6) The classics are classic for a reason. We love them! You cannot go far wrong with perfume, flowers, chocolates, lingerie, jewellery. Just a quick note about lingerie and jewellery that you would do well to heed. Peephole bras and crotchless panties are not sexy and we won't like it. Have a look at my website for exquisite lingerie that both men and women like!
And jewellery...do not spend a fortune on a piece of jewellery unless you are absolutely sure it is something she will like. There is nothing worse than being stuck having to wear hideous jewellery for the rest of your life so as not to hurt your partner's feelings. Sorry, I know it sounds harsh but it is true. You've been pre-warned. If you are going to buy jewellery pay close attention to the jewellery that your beloved already wears for an idea of the style she will like.
7) Things that you absolutely should not buy your lover for Christmas present ideas:
A toaster, kettle, dishwasher, bread maker or any other type of household appliance, no matter how much she would love it. You can surprise her with that in the New Year but it has no place under a Christmas tree! No socks, slippers or knitted garments of any kind. She is not your grandmother. And lastly, definitely not money! Nothing says I couldn't be bothered more than a card full of dough!
8) Pay attention to the gift wrapping. Make it look pretty even if you have to get someone to do it for you.
9) Don't go for originality over common sense. Again, there is so much pressure to come up with something exciting and original that there will be a lot of disappointed women out there unwrapping their hot air balloon voucher, or 'I named a star after you' certificate on Christmas morning!
10) Never, never pretend to have forgotten! Not funny and not conducive to relationship harmony.
And one last thing...Please don't give her a homemade voucher for 30 minutes of sexy time with you. There are lots of homemade gifts that will go down a treat, but that is not one of them. And sexy presents are a great idea but please go to my website for some help and inspiration if this thought has crossed your mind!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Gemma_Goswami